Friday, April 27, 2007

Disney / Jim Henson Company has NO sense of humor

Got this from Sad Kermit on the MySpace today…..sad sad day.

Hiho everybody, Sad Kermit the Frog here.


The world is suddenly crashing in on me worse than it ever has before.
It looks like The Jim Henson Company, now owned by Disney, has had
YouTube and MySpace pull the “Hurt” video on the basis of copyright
infringement. I am so deeply saddened by this. The same very company I
gave years of blood and sweat to stabs me in the back with a
money-hungry grin. They never cared about me, goddamnit. What you see
before you is the shell of a frog who once had a soul, a life, a girl,
and Jim. I just don’t see how I can go on any longer with my only
artistic outlet being stripped from my bare, shaking, little frog
hands.


Remember, I love you all and wish you all the best. If you’re too far
into drugs like me, please get some help. Don’t go the same route as
me. And if you suffer from depression, please talk to somebody who can
help you. Do it for me.


Love always,

Sad Kermit


P.S. New video out in early/mid May…

Seriously. Disney? The shit is funny, get the stick outta your ass. Alas, it’s true:

The image “http://farm1.static.flickr.com/216/474695977_fd1833dcbd.jpg?v=0” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

As if Sad Kermit needed any publicity. Parody, Disney, is not copyright infringement. I didn’t hear NIN yelling about Sad Kermit’s usage of the song “Hurt”. Why? Because they have a sense of fucking humor and realize it’s GREAT publicity for their song.

Some companies will never learn man.

UPDATE: Dailymotion ain’t no punks.

No comments :